A little over a month ago my mom and I went out to eat with some family friends who were in town and as I handed my purse to my mom in the backseat when we piled into the car, it caught their attention. More specifically, it’s size caught their attention. Apparently it’s a little big, but there are certain things that I like to take with me everywhere that I go. My LifePlanner and a notebook (or two). I usually have a book in there, although the nice thing about listening to audiobooks is that as long as I have my headphones, I have something to “read” since I listen to books on my phone. And then you’ll find an assortment of beauty items that I take with me. Here are a few of the products that I usually have along.
1. Bag of lip products. I know I’ve talked about this before, but I always have a bag of lip products with me so that I always have something on hand in case I’m out and suddenly decide that I want to swipe on some lip gloss. Right now it’s filled with NYX Butter Glosses (they smell like baked goods and come in fun colors) as well as my favorite drugstore lip product, the Color Elixirs from Maybelline. And, of course, I always have lip balm on hand.
2. Eye care. Are these products really considered beauty? Probably not, but I’m going to include them anyway. I take these everywhere, because when I don’t I end up needing them. I have to carry a small bottle of contact solution. Every once in awhile I think, “I haven’t used this in awhile, I can take this out of my purse.” And after I do I end up out in public with tears streaming out of one eye because something is caught in my contact and I can’t do anything about it. I also carry a cleaning solution for my glasses, because if I wear my glasses out of the house I will most likely end up with smudges all over the lenses that I don’t notice until I have left the house. And then once I notice the smudges, they are so bad that I can barely see around them. That’s life.
3. Nail clippers. In case I break a nail or get a hangnail. Luckily that never happens when I carry nail clippers with me, but when I don’t, it’s bound to happen.
4. Deodorant. I have always carried deodorant with me, because you never know when you might run out of the house without putting some on. I also use a natural deodorant, so now I carry it because I feel like natural deodorant can wear off more quickly depending on activity level throughout the day.
5. Body spray or perfume. Again, you never know when you might need or want one of these items.
What products live in your bag?