Lately I’ve been going through things and clearing out items that I don’t need anymore and I stumbled upon a bunch of products that I have used up but haven’t gotten rid of the containers yet. I decided to hold onto them a little while longer and share them with you because I love hearing (or reading) about products that people have used up and what they thought of them.
2. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. I have talked about my love for this leave in conditioner before. I have long hair and it tangles really easily so half the time when I finish washing my hair it’s really difficult to brush out. This helps me get through my hair without it taking hours. I use this along with a wet brush or a tangle teezer depending on how wet my hair is and when I’m done I put argan oil (from the same brand) on the ends and I’m good to go.
3. Michael Todd Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask. I’m a fan of face masks and have a couple of different kinds. This is probably the first face mask that I have actually finished in ages. I love the way it feels when it’s on my skin. I don’t know quite how to describe it. It almost feels cooling. And I love how clean and smooth my face feels when I take it off. I don’t know if it’s this mask in particular or if it’s the charcoal aspect that I like so much. There’s another charcoal mask that I would like to try now that I’ve used up this one to see if it does the same thing just because it’s easier to get my hands on since I have to order this one online. I do love this mask, though, and I would definitely repurchase.
4. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I know that this is a full tube and that the post is about empty products but I repurchased this one and I didn’t want to hold onto two containers of the same product. Obviously since I’ve repurchased it I absolutely love it. I can use this for anything and it works like a charm. And it’s drugstore, which is a plus! I will definitely keep buying this one.
5. Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer. I bought this when I was searching for a drugstore primer and foundation. (I have since given up my search for foundation and have gone back to MAC.) I didn’t dislike this but I didn’t love it either. I felt like I had to use a lot of product to cover my face and that it didn’t last as long as the more expensive primers that I love. I also didn’t think that it lived up to pricier primers. This is definitely something that I’d go back to if I needed a primer and wasn’t able to run to Sephora since this is available at Target, but if I can I’ll definitely go for my favorite primer.
6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup. So, this is a full bottle, which means that it’s a repurchase, and I know that I just said that I’ve gone back to MAC foundation and I have… but I like to have a bottle of this on hand because some mornings this is exactly what I need. You twist the foundation into the sponge applicator on top, dab it onto the face, rub it in and you’re done. I don’t need to put powder on top to set it, which makes it quick and easy. And like I said, some mornings that is exactly what I need. Now, as much as I love the packaging for its ease, I wonder how hygienic it is sometimes because of the sponge applicator and the cap gets really messy. This cap is already messy and you should have seen the cap on my last bottle! I can’t say much for the treatment properties of the foundation because I haven’t really paid attention to that. This is my foundation for mornings when I need to get ready quickly and it does that job really well.
7. Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover. In the past I have always used makeup removing wipes but a pack doesn’t even last a month and they’re pricier than a bottle like this that lasts longer. I just never liked the oily feeling I always got from them, even when they’re oil free. This makeup remover is the first one that I’ve actually liked and I think I’m on my third or fourth bottle now. This is definitely a staple for me!
Have you used up any beauty products lately or is there something that you think I should try? Let me know!
Note: I feel like I should note that these are all products that I bought and tried on my own. As are all of the products that I talked about in the past.