“I love your eyeshadow! You’re going to do a blog post on that, yes?” my friend Heather said one day when we met up for our weekly lunch. It was a reminder that I have had it in my mind to do posts on my favorite eyeshadow looks.
In my early ’20’s I used to play with around with color. I still do and I enjoy it whenever I pull out my blues and greens, but for a day-to-day look now I prefer neutrals. I also think that neutral eye looks are better for the professional office environment where I work; I’m still able to express myself through make-up, but it’s not obvious.
I love eyeshadow palettes and I have a couple, so I thought in the coming months I would go through my palettes and share with you some of my favorite looks from each one. Today I’ll start with Stila’s In the Light palette, since this is what I used the day I met with Heather. I’ve heard complaints that there is too much fallout with his palette. I haven’t noticed any of that. To apply, I press the brush into the color that I’m using, tap off any excess, and then press the color onto my eyelid.
To achieve the look in the pictures I used Bubbly, Bliss, Gilded Gold and Bare.
1. Apply Bubbly to the eyelid.
2. Blend Bliss into the crease.
3. Apply Gilded Gold to deepen the look. I dab it on the outer corner of my eyes and pull it into the crease a bit.
4. Highlight the brow bone with Bare.
5. Line the upper lash line with Stila’s Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, keeping the line thin and as close to the lash line as possible.
6. Line the lower lash line with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Roach. Using an angled brush and any of the darker shades in the palette works well too. The smudge stick doesn’t last well on the waterline for me.
7. Apply mascara. Lately I’ve been using both Maybelline’s The Falsies and L’Oreal’s Voluminous Butterfly.
And that’s it! A quick and easy make-up look that I absolutely love. This takes me a little over five minutes. After this I move onto the rest of my face. Lately I’ve been using MAC’s Pro Longwear Concealer instead of foundation, I dab a powder over it and then contour (Benefit’s Hoola) and apply blush (Clinique’s Plum Pop). I’m done with make-up in about ten minutes.
What are your go-to make-up looks?
Note: I purchased all of the products listed in this post.