Have I already mentioned that I can’t believe it’s the end of February? This month seriously flew by so fast! And now it’s time for a round up of some of the daily photos that I took this month. These were all taken with my phone so next month I’m definitely going to make an effort to take more photos with my camera.
In the Kitchen
(1) For awhile I have had an interest in making macarons and have made a couple of attempts, but they never turned out right. Finally I decided that I should probably try a macaron to see if I even like them. (Yes, I decided that I wanted to make them without trying them first…they’re just so adorable!) I found a baker near work that sells macarons and fell in love! My favorites were the salted caramel and special French flavor of the day (pictured). (2) My oldest nephew and his girlfriend were in town so the family took them out for dinner.
(3) I tried some “cold cures” but the only thing that caused my cold to go away was time.
(1) When a friend came over for a writing night, Little One decided to sit at the table with us. (2) She pulled a treat out of a ball one night and didn’t want to eat it right away but wouldn’t let it go.
(3) Barking takes a lot of energy…or maybe it’s just because it was past the time she usually likes to be in bed, but she laid down on the chair after jumping up to bark at a picture of herself.
(1) A friend and I found a note in a copy of The Time Traveler’s Wife while at Barnes & Noble. (2) MAC’s Archie’s Girl line was released and I picked up a few lip products. I was glad that I went right when they opened because they only had three of the lip gloss in stock and it’s what I wanted the most.
(3) I started to put the finishing touches on my writing nook.