Hello, everyone! Little One on the blog today. What’s shakin’?
It’s been a little rainy here lately, which means that there have been plenty of mud puddles to jump into and play around in. The only problem is that my writer won’t let me. I know! Major bummer. She says that I won’t enjoy the mud anymore once I’m in the bath and she’s washing it off me, but here’s the thing: why does a muddy tummy automatically mean a bath?
Since I don’t have any exciting stories to share with you, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite things, that way you can get to know me a little better.
1. Bones. Nylabones, to be specific. I like to chew on these while my writer is busy “working.” When I realize that my forlorn “rub-my-belly” eyes aren’t working on her (I think she purposely tries not to look at me when I’m using those eyes, who could resist them?) I grab one of my bones. My writer likes these because I don’t have goop on the tips of my ears when I’m done chewing them and she doesn’t have to worry as much about me choking on small pieces. Of course, she still keeps an eye on them to make sure that they’re in good shape! My BFF-who-doesn’t-know-it-yet likes these too. In fact, we’ve had many a fight over who gets the bone.
2. Tug-of-war. Speaking of my BFF-who-doesn’t-know-it-yet, I love playing tug-of-war with him! Don’t let his teeny tiny little size fool you; that dog can put up a fair fight. He can put up more than a fair fight if we’re on a hardwood floor and I haven’t had the hair on my feet trimmed recently. He can easily pull me around.
3. Sleep. Do you guys live with a… what does my writer call it? A “night owl?” Isn’t it the most annoying thing ever? All I want to do is go to bed at 10pm on the dot every night and my writer refuses to. She has to work, or watch TV, or read. All I want to do is sleep. Is that too much to ask?
4. Food. And not that stuff that my writer gives me twice a day–although I like that too. But human food? It smells so good! How I long for some of that delicious smelling peanut butter. And popcorn? Not only does it smell good, but it sounds good too! If only my writer would give me more food; but no, she says I shouldn’t eat too much human food. You know what I think that’s code for? Greedy!
5. Tummy rubs. But you know what my writer does really well? Tummy rubs. All I have to do is make eye contact with her and roll over and she will rub my tummy. Tummy rubs feel so good that all I want to do is stretch into them and turn from side to side so that she gets to all of the spots that I need to have scratched. If you want to help my writer out and rub my belly for her, I won’t complain! You are more than welcome and I’ll be your best friend if you do!
Tell me, what are some of your pup’s favorite things? I’d love to know! I guess that’s all I have to share for today, so until next time, keep those tails waggin’!