Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday! 🙂 A few friends tagged me to answer some questions that they came up with and I loved the questions so I decided to answer them. There are some rules associated with both of the tags, which I listed after the Q&A’s. I will answer the questions in order of who tagged me.
Emily @ Everyday Accounts asked:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world next week, where would it be?
Hard question! Italy, for all of the art.
2. Night owl or early bird?
I have become more appreciative of early morning hours since I got the job that I’m in right now, however I stay up pretty late and I am naturally a night owl.
3. Why did you start blogging?
Originally it was to record my journey as a writer, however when I discovered lifestyle blogs I became inspired by them. I think having a lifestyle blog is a more natural fit for me. I used to have a livejournal back in the day and I really enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and getting a glimpse of what life is like where they live.
4. What is your idea of a great Friday night?
This answer is going to sound lame, especially since my ideal Friday night used to be salsa dancing at my favorite salsa dancing spot, but these days I like a quiet evening. A book and a TV show or writing is perfect. If I get together with friends, I prefer a quiet evening with just a few people. I need to unwind after a long week.
5. Coffee or tea?
Both! But I drink more coffee than tea, however I have more tea than coffee. Did that answer the question? 😉
6. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently airing–Pretty Little Liars. I was getting tired of it, but last season was amazing and I’m obsessed again.
7. What do you splurge on (if anything)?
Books and make-up.
8. What is your favorite season and why?
Fall. I love the clothes and the smokiness in the air. The weather is perfect. I love the changing colors outside. I always want pumpkin and chai and soup when fall comes. I love the crunching leaves and the haunted attractions in preparation for Halloween. I love knowing that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. It’s such an atmospheric time and it inspires me.
9. Do you have a blogging routine, or do you just write whenever you feel like it?
I don’t have a routine, necessarily, but I like to stay ahead. Usually I’m just a day ahead, but when I can I like to prepare posts over the weekend. I draft a post, then take the pictures and edit them. When everything’s ready I schedule the post. If I schedule it in advance it goes up in the morning. I have an editorial calendar, but I give myself the freedom to move things around if I want to. I decided to write this post yesterday and booted the planned post for today to a different day.
10. Do you prefer to cook at home or eat out?
It depends on how I’m feeling. There are times when I really want to eat out, other times when I prefer a home-cooked email. But I can only handle so much restaurant food before I’m ready to start eating at home.
1. If you could teleport yourself this instant, where would you go?
Japan. It’s the place at the top of my list of countries to visit that would take the longest to fly to. Probably.
2. What kind of weather do you like the most and why?
Overcast and rainy. Preferably a warm rain, not freezing. I’ve always liked rain and am the type who likes to be outside in it. I don’t like the sun. I’m like a vampire that way. I also think rain is inspiring and it puts me in the mood to write.
3. What is your earliest memory?
Being stung by a bee when I was young. I remember being stung by bees a lot and it explains why I really, really, really, really don’t like them. I know they’re important and that we need them, but.. I just don’t like them. I’m shuddering just think about them.
4. What are you the most proud of?
When I think back on my college years I’m proud of what I accomplished. I wasn’t a straight-A student but I obtained a degree while working a lot. I wrote a novel and put together a poetry chapbook. I worked really hard while I was in college on a variety of things and I learned a lot.
5. Describe yourself in five words.
Creative, loyal, weird, ambitious, shy.
6. What parts of the world have you been to?
Europe and Africa.
7. What is your signature homemade dish?
Pasta. I make decent pasta and it’s usually quick and easy to do. Also biscotti, although I guess that’s not really a dish, but I think some people think of biscotti if I talk about baking.
8. Swim, run, bike or walk (or roller skate)?
Swim, but I don’t really do that much, so walk.
9. What book character do you particularly relate to?
Amy from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Just kidding. Totally joking on that one. This is a hard question. There are characters that really stand out in my mind, that I think about even though I haven’t read the books for the years, but I wouldn’t say that I feel like I am similar to them. I think I’ll go with Diana from The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen. It’s been awhile since I read the series, but I remember her being free-spirited and independent and I really liked that about her.
10. Handwrite or type?
Type. There are times when I handwrite, though. There’s a different connection to the words when you use pen on paper instead of a computer.
11. What are you grateful for this week?
This is going to sound like a cop-out, but Little One. I heard about a young Cav who died unexpectedly this week due to heart issues, so Little One has been getting extra tummy rubs, walks and teeth brushing.
Rules for both: 1) link back to me; 2) tag 10 or 11 other bloggers; 3) create your own questions for them to answer; 4) let them know that you tagged them.
I tag: Heather, Sarah, Elizabeth, Beate, Keith, Aukele, Aimee, Krysten, Kathryn, Jessica. If you’d like to answer the questions and I didn’t tag you, please do. Let me know so that I can read them! And if I tagged you but you don’t want to answer the questions, that’s fine too.
1. What are your five favorite books?
2. What are your five favorite movies?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be and why?
5. Who inspires you the most and why?
6. What one place have you always longed to visit and have you been there?
7. When you need to be alone, where do you go?
8. If you had the opportunity, would you travel into space or not? Why?
9. What is your holy grail make-up/skincare/general “getting ready” item?
10. How do you drink your coffee or tea?
11. Who is your favorite composer/musician?