We have reached the end of the year, you guys. Can you believe it? What are you doing for New Year’s Eve? I don’t have any plans yet and I want to keep it that way. Is that bad? Last week was filled with lots of good times and lots of time with other people and while I really enjoyed it I ended the week feeling pretty exhausted. I can’t think of anything better than a pamper night with the rest of the Christmas movies sitting on my DVR and snuggles with Little One to ring in the new year.
|If you think that I took this picture just to showcase that adorable little spot on her nose… you’d be right. How many pictures do I have like this? Too many to count!|
It’s time for Weekly Wishes and this week we were asked to look back at what we’ve accomplished by creating weekly goals. I’m not going to go into great detail about all the things that I feel I have accomplished in 2013, but here are a few things:
1. I edited my novel and brought it to a place that I am happy with and that I enjoy reading as I go through it one last time to make another round of edits.
2. I pressed send. I guess this only makes sense if you have been in on conversations that I have had with my dad, but I sent my novel into the world and submitted it to a contest. I didn’t make it very far in the contest, however I am still so incredibly happy about the supporting and encouraging feedback as well as the suggestions offered that brought on the round of edits that I am currently in.
2. I learned how to make reasonable to-do lists, although sometimes I do get off track and make massive, unrealistic lists. Still, to regularly make reasonable to-do lists is quite an accomplishment for me. It only took how many years?
3. I developed a workout schedule and stuck to it. I got a little off track with this in December, but once I made working out a priority I did quite well with maintaining a good workout schedule and I know that this week I will be able to stick to the workout schedule that I have created for myself because I have done it and enjoyed it before.
4. I made a commitment to this blog; to writing in it and connecting with all of you. This blog and the blogging community that I have encountered since deciding to make this a priority have brought me so much joy and I am looking forward to all the people I will meet in 2014.
5. Along with committing to the blog, I renamed it.
6. I redecorated my room and put a lot of thought into each piece and made into a place that truly reflects who I am.
7. I celebrated one year with my dog. Does this count as an accomplishment?
8. I read a lot of books.
Speaking of reading books, I’m not going to make my goal of reading 80 books this year. I knew awhile ago that I wouldn’t, so it wasn’t stressing me out too much. (Which is good, I was stressed out enough about other things this month!) Next year I decided to cut my goal back even more. Between writing, workout out and blogging–all things that I find incredibly fulfilling and important–I think 80 books is a bit of a stretch. Also, there are some longer books that I’d like to read that I’ve been putting off because of my book reading goals, so in 2014 I’m going to shoot for 50 books.