Last week the adage “all work and no play” rang true for me. It was a good week and very productive, but it wasn’t until Thursday night when I was furiously typing away at 11:30pm and Little One came up to me and stretched her paws over my hands that I realized I was pretty tired from the week. I slept well last weekend!
While last week was productive, it wasn’t productive in the way that I imagined when I sat down last week to write a Weekly Wishes post, but I didn’t mind. I thought about trying to fit everything that I didn’t accomplish into yesterday, but decided instead that I’d rather take a break and relax a bit. To recap:
1. Workout 4x. Yes, I did this! But I wasn’t really happy with my workout yesterday.
2. Write 7,500 words of my new WIP. I’m not quite at 7,500, but plan to catch up this week.
3. Finish edits on a short story. I wasn’t able to spend as much time on this as I was hoping.
4. Finish the inspiration board for my new WIP. Yes… for now. I think I’ll be adding to the board until I finish it the novel.
5. Put up a new dream board. I have what I’d like to put on it, I just need to put it on. For now, my word count tracker has been doing the trick to remind me what my goals are every day!
This week my goals are:
1. Organize my closet/linen closet. This goes back to when the carpets were cleaned before the holidays. As I was unpacking things that I needed right away, if I came across something that I didn’t want to deal with I threw it in my closet. I also shoved a bunch of things (like jewelry) into the linen closet so I need to go through that too, just so that I can find things more easily.
2. Organize bookshelf. I have a bookshelf in my room that needs some major reorganization. I use it for books, but I also use it to store things that I use on a daily basis like hair brushes, hair care products… things like that. And it’s incredibly disorganized right now.
3. Workout 5x. This goes into my January goals for The 2014 Directive, but I’d like to up it to five workouts this week, just to make up for the one that I felt was rather lousy yesterday.
4. Write to 15,000 words of my new WIP. I’m a little behind after last week, but I should be able to get back on track this week.
What are your goals for the week?