I’ve been looking ahead at August to try and figure out what some reasonable goals for the month will be and it’s going to be a busy month! Let’s hope that I’ll be able to get some things done. Before I share my goals for August, let’s look at my goals for July.
1. Finish WAIL. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to finish this, and I wasn’t. As I talked about yesterday, my creativity was halted a little with my change in jobs. But my creativity is starting to come back and I’m excited to get back to work on this and really dive in to finish it up soon.
2. Start drafting my next novel. I did! I’m not too far with drafting, but that’s okay. I don’t need to have the drafting done until I’m done with WAIL.
3. Read eight books. I’m finishing book eight right now.
4. Finish a Skillshare class. I got this one done pretty early on.
5. Bake a new recipe. Nope, this one didn’t happen yet. Definitely one to move to August.
6. Start planning some make-up looks. I haven’t done this yet either.
For August, I’d like to:
1. Make decent progress on WAIL. I know this is a really vague goal, but I don’t want to set a “finish the novel!” goal again and not reach it. I’m not sure if August will be the month that I’ll be able to finish this book–it really is looking like it’ll be a busy month–but I definitely want to make some progress so that I can finish it soon.
2. Take time four days a week to spend some time with my sketchbook. This was one of my summer wishlist goals that hasn’t happened yet.
3. Stretch every day. This goal starts today, since I haven’t done this yet in August. It’s another one of my summer wishlist goal that hasn’t happened.
4. Read six books. This will include audiobooks, like it did last month.
5. Finish another Skillshare class. I think it will be the hand-lettering class that I signed up for.
6. Bake a new recipe. Two would be even better, to make up for last month.
7. Starting planning some make-up looks. I need to get on this if I want them to be ready in time.
What are your goals for August? (I almost wrote “April” here. I think I’m a little tired!) Link up with Melyssa at The Nectar Collective to share and see what everyone else is up to.